More Trump Victory: Chuck Schumer In Hot Tears After Supreme Court Hands Huge Loss With This

The Supreme Court just handed the Trump administration another huge win in a landmark immigration case. In the process, the Supreme Court handed the Dems

another devastating loss. The left, still bitter over the historic loss in 2016, has tried to use the courts to subvert Trump and his decisions.

Initially, it worked, but soon the Supreme Court and Bill Barr soured on lower courts using nationwide injunctions to override the duly elected president.

Now, the full case of whether Trump can legally change asylum laws for migrants making them stay in Mexico or other locations while they wait for their hearings will be heard later, but for now, the practice can continue.

From The Washington Post:

The Supreme Court on Wednesday said the Trump administration may continue its “Remain in Mexico” policy for asylum seekers while lower-court challenges continue, after the federal government warned that tens of thousands of immigrants massed at the southern border could overwhelm the immigration system.

The justices reversed a decision of a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, which had ordered the policy be suspended Thursday on parts of the border. Justice Sonia Sotomayor was the only noted dissenter.

The Trump administration had warned the justices of a dire situation without their intervention.

“Substantial numbers of up to 25,000 returned aliens who are awaiting proceedings in Mexico will rush immediately to enter the United States,” Solicitor General Noel Francisco wrote in a brief. “A surge of that magnitude would impose extraordinary burdens on the United States and damage our diplomatic relations with the government of Mexico.”

The program — officially known as the Migrant Protection Protocols, or MPP — is among the tools the Trump administration has used to curb mass migration from Central America and elsewhere across the southern U.S. border.

In the 13 months it has been in place, the government said 60,000 migrants have been sent back into Mexico to await their U.S. asylum hearings, part of an effort to limit access to United States and to deter people from attempting the journey north.

The administration implemented the program last year, after more than 470,000 migrants — including parents and children — crossed into the United States illegally, with most quickly freed amid a massive immigration court backlog.

Sharing is caring!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

shares